Lauren MacDonald


Monday, September 27, 2010




Here are the pillows I made!

pulling the taffy!!! Becca is so cute!
This is what the Taffy looked like when we poured it out. It was so sticky, corn starch was our best friend.

some of my taffy creations

Well this week we made Taffy which was pretty fun. Next time we need to add some flavoring. this past week I went antiquing. Hernando Mississippi is definately the place to go, sooo much stuff!!!!! Almost anything you want you will find in some shed. It was actually a little skecthing in some places, I might actaually have TB from a stubbed toe. Matt also finished his first week of tests. He did pretty well, he is such a smarty! Ceicil is getting bigger and getting into everything!!!!! His new thing is falling into the toilet! He has however, learned to sleep thoughout the night by himself!!!!I also taught myself how to sew! well at least the basics of it. I borrowed a sewing machine and made 3 pillow covers. it took my hours to learn how to thread the dang machine!! but with the help of youtube and the instruction manual I was finally able to get the ball rolling. So what's next? I'm thinking of making a wreath and then starting on some halloween decorations. I've found some cool ideas. I'm still looking for a job, I'm really hoping for next semester or at the very least next fall. I had a phone interview with the Memphis City Schools and it sounds as like getting a job within the next 6 months won't be impossible! well, it's something! Oh yeah!!! I almost forgot, I went armadillo hunting! yes apparently they are all arounf in these parts. Matt and I have seen a couple dead ones on the road but saturday night we saw a real one! i had no idea they were so fast! We chased it around but couldn't even get a picture of it! it was so crazy. Never thought I would see one of those. People also keep telling me that armadillo's carry leprosy...... believe it if you want, it's just what they say. Well, until next time..peace!



4 comments:

  1. Hey, this is Katie. I'm glad I happened upon your blog! :) Sounds like you're having some good adventures over there. Nice work with the armadillo hunting!! I've also seen some roadkilled ones around here, but I have yet to see a live one....hopefully one day though!! :) Chris also says they have leprosy, but I think that's a lie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie!!!! what's your blog address? How's Texas? hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOO cute lauren! I love the pillows. You're adorable! I'm glad you have a blog now! I miss all of you people!! Hope Texas is well Katie!
    Love you girlfriend

    ReplyDelete