Lauren MacDonald


Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I thought this was an interesting assignment and I understand how it could be used for a lot of different subjects in the classroom. It can also be a good teaching tool. I like it because it allows the children to see the earth different than jusr flat on a map. It allows them to go and see real life images that maybe they will never have the chance to see for themselves. I think it helps the children to make a lot more connections with different ares and people around the world. However, this might not work with younger grades such as kindergarden or first grade unless heavily supervised. I think that they might get confused on what they are looking for or clicking on. Also I think that using google earth would really only work if there were enough computers in the classroom to allow all the students to have a closer look at what was going on. working in groups might be a better choice. Another down fall might be if the images were not comming in clearly or fast enough which might cause the children to loose focus and do other things. hopefully I will be able to work in a classroom that provides enough equipment and I actually rememeber this information so that I can use it in my classroom one day.

1 comment:

  1. you could also use it as a demo tool where you are controlling it so that you don't have to have so many computers.

    ReplyDelete