Lauren MacDonald


Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Technology in the Classroom

I am in the elementary education program, and currently doing my first cohort in a second grade classroom at Southland elementary school. In the school as a whole there is not a lot of technology available. There are no computers in the classroom where I am at. Each teacher is given a lab top to use for attendance and other school things but she is the only person with access to a computer. In the classroom there is an over head projector and something similar to an overhead where is magnifies anything put under it. sometimes the teachers use this when they are conducting a shared reading lesson and all students need access to the text, however I have not seen this done so far. the students do go to the computer lab once a week but that class is taught by a different teacher.

I have done both the midcourse evaluation and the informed consent forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment